- Charming, well-presented Victorian mid-terrace property
- Two spacious double bedrooms to the first floor
- Off-road parking to the rear via private driveway
- Easy access to village amenities and local schools
- Excellent motorway and railway commuter links
- Brand new kitchen & bathroom
This two-bedroom mid-terrace Victorian red brick home is situated within the popular village of Parbold. The property has has been recently refurbished throughout, including the kitchen and bathroom. It has the distinct advantage of parking to the rear, it is ideally located for all the local amenities, schools and commuter routes.
The property comprises of two double bedrooms, lounge, dining-size kitchen, utility room, pantry, downstairs WC and family bathroom. Unfurnished except for certain white goods, curtains, carpets etc. Pretty seating area & designated car parking space at the rear of the property.
A short walk to schools, parks and local amenities.
Less than a 10 minute from the M6 and a short walk to Parbold train station
Double glazed and gas central heating
Available from end of Oct 2021. Sorry no pets allowed.
PLEASE TEL LETTINGS DIVISION ON 01257 462095. EPC Available.
Tenants Lettings Information
For full transparency to comply with the legal requirements of the Consumer Rights Bill please find the link below titled "Full Details", this will direct you to our website where you will find a link titled "Tenant Fees". The fees/costs /charges/penalties which are payable to us in respect of letting and management work carried out by us in respect to an assured tenancy are listed here.
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant's behalf) the following permitted payments:
- Holding deposits (a maximum of 1 week's rent);
- Deposits (a maximum deposit of 5 weeks' rent for annual rent below £50,000, or 6 weeks' rent for annual rental of £50,000 and above);
- Payments to change a tenancy agreement eg. change of sharer (are capped at £50 or, if higher, any reasonable costs can be displayed);
- Payments associated with early termination of a tenancy (capped at the landlord's loss or the agent's reasonably incurred costs);
- Utilities, communication services (eg. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax;
- Interest payments for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England's annual percentage rate);
- Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices;
- Contractual damages in the event of the tenant's default of a tenancy agreement; and
- Any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
- We are operators of a Client Money Protection Scheme recognised by SAFE/NALS – Safe Agent, Registration No S2127
- We are members of The Property Ombudsman, Membership No L00363
- We are members of The National Approved Letting Scheme, Licence No A220
- We are members of The Residential Landlords Association
- We are registered with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) Agent No 1130642