- Fully modernised two-bedroom mid terrace property
- Perfectly positioned close to the village centre
- Thoughtfully planned and beautifully presented throughout
- Spacious open plan living, dining kitchen area
- Well-appointed high specification kitchen to the rear
- Secluded and pretty garden to the rear
- Single detached garage and parking space
- Double glazing and gas central heating
- Superb location for village and commuter routes
An extremely well presented and modernised two bedroom terrace house; the property is situated in a residential area in the centre of Parbold. Parbold has a wealth of local amenities including junior schools, shops, doctors etc and is within easy access of the M6, M58 and train network to Southport, Manchester etc.
The house comprises of two double bedrooms, kitchen/diner, open plan living area, shower room & family bathroom. Pretty garden to the rear, off-street parking & a garage. Unfurnished except for certain white goods, curtains, floor coverings etc. Available 19th July 2022. EPC available. Please contact the Lettings Division on 01257 462095.
Deposit - £815.00
Length of tenancy - 12 months minimum
Council Tax Band - B
Tenants Lettings Information
For full transparency to comply with the legal requirements of the Consumer Rights Bill please find the link below titled "Full Details", this will direct you to our website where you will find a link titled "Tenant Fees". The fees/costs /charges/penalties which are payable to us in respect of letting and management work carried out by us in respect to an assured tenancy are listed here.
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant's behalf) the following permitted payments:
- Holding deposits (a maximum of 1 week's rent);
- Deposits (a maximum deposit of 5 weeks' rent for annual rent below £50,000, or 6 weeks' rent for annual rental of £50,000 and above);
- Payments to change a tenancy agreement eg. change of sharer (are capped at £50 or, if higher, any reasonable costs can be displayed);
- Payments associated with early termination of a tenancy (capped at the landlord's loss or the agent's reasonably incurred costs);
- Utilities, communication services (eg. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax;
- Interest payments for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England's annual percentage rate);
- Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices;
- Contractual damages in the event of the tenant's default of a tenancy agreement; and
- Any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
- We are operators of a Client Money Protection Scheme recognised by SAFE/NALS – Safe Agent, Registration No S2127
- We are members of The Property Ombudsman, Membership No L00363
- We are members of The National Approved Letting Scheme, Licence No A220
- We are members of The Residential Landlords Association
- We are registered with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) Agent No 1130642