- Pretty, double fronted, extended stone-built cottage
- Beautifully presented accommodation throughout
- Comfortably spacious lounge with log burning stove
- Living dining kitchen area plus sun room to rear
- Three good sized bedrooms- two double, one single
- Luxury fully tiled bathroom with four piece white suite
- Fence enclosed, attractive, split-level garden to rear
- Double driveway and large single detached garage
- Fully double glazed and warmed by gas central heating
- Close to local villages, rural walks and motorway access
This pretty, extended, double-fronted stone cottage offers well-presented, contemporary style accommodation throughout yet is still brimming with character and charm. Briefly, the rooms include two reception rooms, a well-appointed dual aspect dining kitchen, three bedrooms and a luxury four-piece bathroom. The delightful, split-level rear garden has a path leading to the large detached garage and the two driveway parking spaces and the cottage is located in an ideal location for local villages, rural walks and the motorway access.
A sturdy, oak panelled door with opaque glass inset opens into the centrally positioned hallway of this charming cottage which is brimming with character yet enjoys a beautiful contemporary fit. The hall is lit by a pendant light, has a radiator and a staircase with handrail rises to the first floor and the oak flooring continues through to the living dining kitchen.
A panelled door opens to the comfortably spacious lounge where the timber double glazed window to the front is fitted with plantation-style blinds and, for evening ambience, the room is lit by recessed down-lighting set between the exposed ceiling beams. A corner log burning stove warms the room along with the two central heating radiators whilst the former chimney breast has a wall mounted television point above an illuminated display and storage niche.
Concertina louvre doors open into the sun room which has a large window to the rear and two Velux skylight windows which allows natural light to flow through. This room provides a second reception room with myriad uses such as dining room, study, playroom or just a relaxation space. A stable-style composite door opens to the rear garden and an opening gives way into the dining kitchen.
Warmed by two radiators and lit by recessed down-lighting and wall lights, the dual aspect living dining kitchen is fitted with a bespoke range of matt white handle-less wall and base units to include drawers, shelves and a peninsula breakfast bar. The white granite work surfaces have an inset stainless steel sink unit with swan neck mixer tap and etched side drainer placed beneath the window overlooking the rear garden whilst an integrated dishwasher is also set close by. Inset into the counters is a Belling three-oven range cooker with a five-burner induction hob over and a Neff extractor fan above.
Other integrated appliances include a fridge freezer, a Hoover washing machine and a wine chiller, and there is also space for a tumble dryer within a cabinet. A further cabinet houses the wall mounted Worcester gas central heating boiler and a large, walk-in under-stairs cupboard also offers great storage. The breakfast bar, with two pendant lights suspended above, separates the kitchen from the seating area where there is wiring for a wall mounted television, a door to the hall and a window to the front which is fitted with plantation-style blinds.
At the top of the stairs is a spindle balustrade, a Upvc window overlooking the rear garden, a ceiling light and an access point to the boarded and insulated loft via a loft ladder.
The master bedroom is situated to the front of the property, has a window fitted with plantation-style shutters, recessed down-lighting, a radiator and a walk-in wardrobe plus shelves and space for a dressing table.
The second, good-sized double bedroom is also to the front elevation and, again, has plantation-style window blinds, a pendant light, loft hatch and ample space for wardrobes.
The third bedroom is a single room with a window with plantation blinds overlooking the rear garden, a pendant light and a radiator.
The luxury bathroom is fully Travertine style tiling plus a split-faced stone feature wall, has a vaulted ceiling with two Velux windows and is lit by wall lights. The four-piece contemporary-style white suite comprises a vanity drawer with Utopia wash hand basin and swan neck tap and illuminated mirror over, a close coupled w.c., walk-in drencher shower cubicle with illuminated glazed display and an ellipse free-standing bathtub. This room is warmed by electric under floor heating and a vertical tube radiator is on hand to warm the towels.
Outside, the rear south west facing, fence-enclosed garden has two slate-chipped patio areas, to either side of the rear stable door, which provide space for barbecue and container planting areas. A stone built retaining wall has central steps rising to the lawn garden which has mature shrub and trees borders and a central path leading to the recently built pebble-dashed, large single detached garage with up-and-over door, power, light and a personal side door. A rear, timber access gate opens to the pebbled driveway which provides parking for two cars.
Available from September 2023.
Unfurnished except for certain white goods, carpets, curtains etc. EPC available. Please contact the Lettings Division on 01257 462095.
Tenants Lettings Information
For full transparency to comply with the legal requirements of the Consumer Rights Bill please find the link below titled "Full Details", this will direct you to our website where you will find a link titled "Tenant Fees". The fees/costs /charges/penalties which are payable to us in respect of letting and management work carried out by us in respect to an assured tenancy are listed here.
We are reliably informed that the Tenure of the property is FREEHOLD
Viewing is strictly by appointment through Maria B Evans Property Management
Local Authority is West Lancashire Borough Council
Council Tax Band is D
Room measurements given in these property details are approximate and are supplied as a guide only. All land measurements are supplied by the Vendor and should be verified by the buyer’s solicitor. We would advise that all services, appliances and heating facilities be confirmed in working order by an appropriately registered service company or surveyor on behalf of the buyer as Maria B. Evans Estate Agency cannot be held responsible for any faults found. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers.
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant's behalf) the following permitted payments:
- Holding deposits (a maximum of 1 week's rent);
- Deposits (a maximum deposit of 5 weeks' rent for annual rent below £50,000, or 6 weeks' rent for annual rental of £50,000 and above);
- Payments to change a tenancy agreement eg. change of sharer (are capped at £50 or, if higher, any reasonable costs can be displayed);
- Payments associated with early termination of a tenancy (capped at the landlord's loss or the agent's reasonably incurred costs);
- Utilities, communication services (eg. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax;
- Interest payments for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England's annual percentage rate);
- Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices;
- Contractual damages in the event of the tenant's default of a tenancy agreement; and
- Any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
- We are operators of a Client Money Protection Scheme recognised by SAFE/NALS – Safe Agent, Registration No S2127
- We are members of The Property Ombudsman, Membership No L00363
- We are members of The National Approved Letting Scheme, Licence No A220
- We are members of The Residential Landlords Association
- We are registered with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) Agent No 1130642