- Handsome three storey Georgian residence
- Elegantly presented sitting room
- Beautifully appointed dining kitchen
- Three generous double bedrooms
- Family bathroom plus en suite
- South facing, secluded rear garden
- Pretty, heart of the village location
- Short walk to the renowned local schools
- Easy access to commuter transport links
Set in the heart of the village Conservation Area, this handsome, three-storey, three-bedroom Georgian residence has been elegantly and tastefully refurbished throughout with panache whilst the secluded, south facing rear garden enjoys rural and riverside views.
The timber panelled door with fanlight above opens into the hallway where the staircase rises and turns to the first floor and has a cupboard beneath with steps to the cellar and a further cupboard housing the meters. Portland flagstones continue from here through to the superb dining kitchen to the rear. The elegant sitting room has a large Georgian style window to the front allowing natural light to pour into the generously proportioned room and highlighting the coffered and moulded ceiling with recessed downlighting and central pendant light. An exposed brick chimney breast encases the log burning stove resting on a stone flagged hearth and having built-in display and book shelves to one side and, to add to the evening ambience, a Bose sound system is separately available.
The kitchen and dining area also features a coffered ceiling, has two sets of double-glazed French windows to the rear and is separated by a deep island unit forming part of the superb hand built and two-toned painted kitchen cabinets showcased by the inset spotlighting. White marble quartz work surfaces sit atop the units and incorporate an enamel Butlers sink unit with mixer and boiling water taps. Cooking facilities are provided by the five-burner Rangemaster Excel cooker with an extractor fan above and a marble quartz splashback behind. Integrated appliances include an automatic dishwasher, automatic washer/dryer, microwave oven and an essential wine chiller. In the dining area, there is an exposed brick former ingle fireplace having further built-in cupboards to one side and there are wall mounted speakers and television point.
The split level first floor landing has inset spotlights, a loft access hatch and gives way to two double bedrooms and the bathroom. A step up leads to the master bedroom which has a large Georgian window to the front, downlights, wall and pendant lighting and a cast iron peat fire grate with timber surround and having hand painted built in wardrobes to either side.
A door opens to the fully tiled en suite lit by downlights, fitted with a white three-piece suite comprising corner glazed shower cubicle, console style pedestal wash hand basin and a low flush w.c. A Georgian window faces the front, a circular window borrows light from the landing and, for convenience, there is a shaver point. The second bedroom is also a spacious double room with ample space for clothes storage furniture and has a double glazed window to the rear. The fully limestone tiled family bathroom is alongside, has an opaque double-glazed window to the rear and is fitted with a white suite comprising a tile panelled bath-tub with shower over, a vanity set wash hand basin and w.c., a shaver point, plus a chrome ladder style heated rail to warm the towels.
A staircase rises and winds its way to the spacious second floor landing with spindle balustrade and a Velux window to illuminate the exposed beams and painted rafters. A door opens to the good sized bedroom three with a further large Velux window to the rear, a cupboard housing the hot water cylinder tank and a range of eaves storage cupboards. The house is centrally heated with a condensing boiler.
Outside, the secluded and mature south facing rear garden is mainly laid to lawn sandwiched between two raised sun terraces with outside lighting and welcome shade from the Ginkgo Biloba tree and the magnolia alongside.
Viewing is strictly by appointment through Maria B Evans Estate Agents
We are reliably informed the Tenure of the property is FREEHOLD
Room measurements given in these property details are approximate and are supplied as a guide only.
All land measurements are supplied by the Vendor and should be verified by the buyer's solicitor. We
would advise that all services, appliances and heating facilities be confirmed in working order by an
appropriately registered service company or surveyor on behalf of the buyer as Maria B. Evans Estate
Agency cannot be held responsible for any faults found. No responsibility can be accepted for any
expenses incurred by prospective purchasers.
Sales Office: 34 Town Road, Croston, PR26 9RB T: 01772 737888 Rentals T: 01257 462095 F: 01257 464863
Company No 8160611 Registered Office: 5a The Common, Parbold, Lancs WN8 7HA
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant's behalf) the following permitted payments:
- Holding deposits (a maximum of 1 week's rent);
- Deposits (a maximum deposit of 5 weeks' rent for annual rent below £50,000, or 6 weeks' rent for annual rental of £50,000 and above);
- Payments to change a tenancy agreement eg. change of sharer (are capped at £50 or, if higher, any reasonable costs can be displayed);
- Payments associated with early termination of a tenancy (capped at the landlord's loss or the agent's reasonably incurred costs);
- Utilities, communication services (eg. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax;
- Interest payments for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England's annual percentage rate);
- Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices;
- Contractual damages in the event of the tenant's default of a tenancy agreement; and
- Any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
- We are operators of a Client Money Protection Scheme recognised by SAFE/NALS – Safe Agent, Registration No S2127
- We are members of The Property Ombudsman, Membership No L00363
- We are members of The National Approved Letting Scheme, Licence No A220
- We are members of The Residential Landlords Association
- We are registered with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) Agent No 1130642