- Stunning country private park residence
- Easy access to M58, M6 etc
- Five bedrooms (some with en suites) and one with dressing room
- Period property with extensive original features
- Large contemporary fully fitted kitchen with dining area
- Oak panelled library/dining room + 2 further reception rooms with feature fireplaces
- Office with separate access, utility and boot rooms
- Orangery overlooking beautiful gardens
- Gardener provided and set utility costs
- Extensive parking for a number of cars
The Moat House is a stunning five bedroom property situated in the centre of Winstanley Park, a private park.
The house was originally a gardeners cottage dating back to 1780 and the property was extended within the curtilage of the Grade II listed walls and comprises of 5 bedrooms, the master bedroom has both an en suite and a dressing room; two double bedrooms with a Jack & Jill bathroom and there are two further double bedrooms; a large contemporary fully fitted kitchen with dining area, reception room with original beams and fireplace, entrance hall with feature staircase, oak panelled library/dining room, third reception room previously used as a Piano room with fireplace and period features, downstairs cloakroom with Victorian tiles, office/reception room 4 (with its own separate access) boot room, utility room. A wealth of period features, floors of a natural oak, ceramic tiles etc and the house is decorated in Farrow & Ball colours. There is an Orangery which runs almost the length of the house overlooking the gardens. There are extensive front, side and back gardens with a gardener provided.
Parking for a number of cars. Winstanley Park, home to Winstanley Hall dates back to 1580 is within easy access of the M58/M6 motorways, Wigan town centre, St Helens and the surrounding villages.
Sorry but this property is strictly no pets allowed.
Please note the property is located on a gated private estate and is not accessible by vehicle without a prior appointment. If any viewers could meet ourselves at the electric gates to Winstanly park located just off the A571 just before Ribbesford Road.
Please do not try and access the property from Hall Lane, this access is gated off to vehicular traffic. Instead please use the postcode WN3 6DD as this should take you to the entrance of Winstanly Park.
Extremely reasonable utility costs set annually make the property very efficient to run.
Available 12th January 2022.
Tenants Lettings Information
For full transparency to comply with the legal requirements of the Consumer Rights Bill please find the link below titled "Full Details", this will direct you to our website where you will find a link titled "Tenant Fees". The fees/costs /charges/penalties which are payable to us in respect of letting and management work carried out by us in respect to an assured tenancy are listed here.
Tenants Lettings Information
For full transparency to comply with the legal requirements of the Consumer Rights Bill please find listed below the fees/costs /charges/penalties which are payable to us in respect of letting and management work carried out by us in respect to an assured tenancy.
In addition to your rent you may be required to pay the following permitted payments
Permitted Payments & Default Fees
- In line with the new Tenant Fees Act of 2019 an initial Tenancy Holding Deposit equivalent to One Weeks Rent will be taken by Maria B Evans Property Management Ltd upon successful application for a rental property.
- This will then be used against either the First Months Rent or the Secured Deposit, held by the DPS, which will be for a maximum of Five Weeks Rent on any property where the rent is under £50,000 PA . Both the first months rent and the security deposit are payable in advance of the tenancy starting.
- Where rent is unpaid 14 days after it is due, interest at Bank of England Base rate plus 3% will be charged. Please note you can also be charged the cost the landlord has to pay his lender if a mortgage payment is missed.
- Where keys or fobs are lost, we will only charge the actual cost of a replacement key or fob if you collect it from our offices. If we have to meet you at the property, we will charge our time at £15 per hour, plus the cost of the replacement key.
- Any costs towards utility bills or council tax that are included in the rental amount or payable by separate agreement to either the landlord or lettings agent are permitted
NB - If the key or fob is lost outside of business hours you must contact an emergency locksmith and the full cost is payable by the tenant.
Please note if you want additional keys cutting for family members / occupiers, you will have to arrange and pay for these yourself.